Changing your shopping habits can be really difficult. We often shop for fun, as a reward, to de-stress, or to spend time with friends or family but bad shopping habits typically result in impulse purchases, unworn clothes, a cluttered closet, and spending time and money on things you don’t love.
Here’s 10 tips to stop shopping or change the way you shop:
- Remember why you want to change your shopping habits
- Replace shopping with other activities (here’s some ideas)
- Separate needs vs wants
- Take time to think about an item before buying it
- Try a shopping challenge – no shopping, secondhand only, no fast fashion, etc. for 3 months, 6 months, or even a year!
- Use the “one in one out” rule to shop less
- Unsubscribe from newsletters and unfollow brands who share lots of sales and promotions
- Have a strict budget
- Use a shopping list and stick to it
- Take the money you would have spent and put it in savings for your dream vacation, an investment garment, or anything you really want to save for
Any other tips?