Personal, practical, and beautiful gift ideas from conscious brands. You can not only give thoughtful gifts that will be cherished, but also support wonderful companies and make a lighter impact on the planet!
$ = under 25 $$ = 26-50 $$$ = 51-100 $$$$ = 100+
(note: this post is possible through partnerships and affiliate links, you can support great brands and also My Green Closet!)
Share some relaxation and help your loved ones stay comfy and cozy.
1. WEIGHTED BLANKET. A gift of relaxation and sleep. Weighted blankets provide gentle pressure which calms the body and have been found to help with things like anxiety, stress, and sleep issues. Bearaby has a chunky knit version which is both sustainable and beautiful (I honestly love my blanket!). $$$$
2. COSY CANDLE & LANTERN. Holiday scented candles are a beautiful way to set the mood – I especially love piney scents for winter 🌲. These soy candles from Fair Trade Winds are made through a job program for at-risk women and you can also pair it with one of their recycled cut-out lanterns for a festive decorative gift. Candle $, Lantern $
3. SWEAT SET. Who doesn’t want a soft sweatshirt or sweatpants to snuggle up in? Azura Bay has some great comfy and sustainable loungewear perfect for cosy evenings and relaxing weekends. $$$ – $$$$
4. ORGANIC COFFEE. A warm drink is definitely the best way to combat winter chills. For coffee drinkers some fair trade, organic coffee makes a great gift, and tea or cocoa are also easy ideas. I love consumable gifts, and brands like Grounds for Change have gift boxes and monthly coffee subscriptions. $ – $$$
Useful gifts are always appreciated!
6. THE MOST COMFORTABLE BRA. I’ve raved a ton about my Lara Intimates bras. Everyone deserves to be comfy so if you know someone who takes off their bra as soon as they get home, give them a gift card to Lara Intimates so they too can have a super comfy bra! $$
7. CLASSIC BLACK OR WHITE TEE. Upgrade your loved one’s wardrobe staple with this incredibly soft and stretchy organic cotton tee from Miakoda. It can easily be dressed up or down, has a unisex fit so is perfect for everyone, and also comes in a crew neck option. $$$
8. CORK WALLET. Made from eco-friendly and regenerative cork, Corkor’s beautiful and durable (I’m pretty impressed with how well mine has held up!) wallets make a useful and thoughtful gift. They come in a variety of styles and colours to fit everyone’s needs. $$
9. HEMP UNDERWEAR. In my family we’re very practical with gift-giving and this is my go-to gift for my husband. We both love our hemp WAMA undies and he’s always thrilled to get another pair. $ – $$$$ (for large packs)
10. SOCKS. An always-useful gift, if you ask me what I want I’ll probably say socks. 🧦 Organic Basics has the classic styles and even ones that supposedly don’t stink! Or if you’re looking for something more colourful and fun, check out Thought’s socks. $ – $$
Zero Waste Gifts
Low impact, recycled and biodegradable gift ideas.
11. COMPOSTABLE PHONE CASE. Pretty much everyone has a phone and instead of protecting it with plastic, Pela makes completely biodegradable cases! They come in a wide variety of colours and styles to fit popular phone models, plus they have limited edition (like this bee one) and charitable cases. $$
12. ECO LIFESTYLE BOX. From zero waste starter packs to home, baby, spa, dog, and kitchen sets, EarthHero’s gift boxes have a wonderful selection of curated sustainable products – an easy “one stop shop” green gift! $$ – $$$
13. AUDIOBOOKS. A gift of adventure, mystery, romance, knowledge, magic, or whatever they’re into! You can gift individual books or a Libro.fm audiobook subscriptions which gives a book a month – it’s basically the same as Audible but 1000x better as they support local bookstores and your money doesn’t go to Amazon! $ – $$$ (if you sign up with code MYGREENCLOSET you can get 2 audiobook credits for the price of your 1st month membership which you can either use yourself to or gift books!)
14. RECYCLED BILLBOARD TOILETRY CASE. Remember Me Green makes one-of-a-kind bags from NYC billboards! Not only is the material incredibly sustainable and durable, but you also won’t find anything else like it. Their cosmetics/toiletry bags make a useful and unique gift and you can even personalise it with initials or a phrase. $$
15. BOTANICAL SKINCARE. My favourite skincare brand Oil + Water makes beautiful daily care and nourishing treatment products – great gifts for people who love skincare or who could use some pampering. Their soaps and paper-packaged lip balm are 👌 or they have body and face sets with everything you need. They also have a take-back program for their containers. $ – $$$$ (use code MYGREENCLOSET10 for 10% off!)
Fashion & Accessories
16. ZODIAC NECKLACE. A delicate and personal necklace ethically made by Wild Fawn Jewellery from recycled silver or fair trade gold. $$$
17. CLOTHING RENTALS. For the person who loves to play around with fashion but is also conscious of their impact, Armoire offers monthly clothing rental services that you can also gift! PLUS they have a selection of maternity clothes which would be an amazing gift for anyone expecting! (US only) $$$$
18. HANDLOOM SHIRT. A classic men’s collarless shirt made from naturally dyed indigo yarns handwoven into a subtle stripe. MATTER’s beautiful garment connects the wearer to the rich history of textiles and are timeless wardrobe pieces. $$$
19. FLORAL MAXI ROBE. TAMGA always brings the fun prints and colours to sustainable fashion. Their floral layering pieces are super versatile for both home and going out. Perfect to brighten up a neutral wardrobe or for the person who already loves colour and print. $$$$
20. QUIT FAST FASHION EBOOK/WORKBOOK. If someone you know is trying to change their shopping habits and build a more conscious wardrobe, give them my Quit Fast Fashion ebook to help and inspire them on their slow fashion journey! The download link actually comes with 4 downloads to be able to read it on all your devices, so you can keep a copy for yourself too. 😉 $
Kitchen & Kids
21. ARTISAN HOMEGOODS BOX. Collections of ethically-sourced goods supporting artisans around the world. Choose from cooking, entertaining, and pampering themed boxes or gift a GlobeIn subscription. They also have a shop of individual products if you’d like to build your own box. $$$
22. RECYCLED GLASS CANISTERS. For a Pinterest-worthy zero waste cupboard or a stylish way to store other foods and products, these recycled glass and reclaimed wood canisters from Made Trade make a practical and beautiful gift. Or check out their other recycled home goods. $ – $$
23. LINEN APRON. A romantic full apron made from timeless linen. Great for anyone who loves cooking or baking, and Sondeflor has aprons not just for cooking, they can also be worn over a dress for a cute pinafore look! $$$
25. BALANCE BIKE. A present they’ll use for years – Wishbone Design Studio’s innovative modular design means their balance bikes grows with the child and can be used from 12 months to 6 years! The bike is made from sustainable materials and also designed to be easily repairable with replacement parts. $$$$
Hope this list is helpful for your eco-conscious gift giving!