Last Updated on July 28, 2023
Ben and I recently planned a little trip to the country. We wanted to relax; spend time hiking and walking in nature; cook meals together; and just enjoy some time away from the city. We stayed in a beautifully renovated barn on a Belgian farm and it couldn’t have been a more lovely holiday.
We filmed a lot and I edited this video. I hope you enjoy coming along on our little “hygge” holiday.
I love cooking with Ben, so a trip to relax out in the country for me definitely involves making some delicious meals. We picked up groceries at a bio-market on the way and ended up making:
- Mushroom and leek risotto (Minimalist Baker’s recipe) with garlic bread
- Pancakes with berries and pineapple (we had pancakes for breakfast on a couple of days, but also brought some muesli)
- Baked sweet potatoes, hummus, and kale chips – one of my favourite simple meals
- Sun-dried tomato, mushroom, and spinach tofu quiche (adapted from Oh She Glow’s recipe)
- “Cheesy” pasta with kale and tomatoes (a cashew, garlic “cheese” sauce + veggies – Minimalist Baker has a bunch of different vegan Mac n’ Cheese recipes)
We found the farmhouse on Airbnb. I’ve found Airbnb is great for farming, glamping, cabin, and rural destinations (and you can get €30 off your first trip if you book with this link!)
The house was not only gorgeously designed and decorated but it’s in a great location within driving distance to lovely little towns and lots of parks with walking trails.
This was a perfect vacation for us and just what we needed to relax and recharge.
What’s your ideal holiday?
*Indicates an Airbnb referral link, you get €30 and I get a €15 credit.