Are you a writer who loves sustainable fashion and wants to help others make wardrobe and lifestyle changes? Join our editorial team!
Contributing writers are responsible for:
- Writing 600-800 average word blog posts (a brand roundup, topic deep dive, interview, or review/assessment)
- Compiling images for their article
- Working with the My Green Closet team on edits
- Finding credible references and sources where needed
- Pitching and brainstorming content ideas
This is a contract position where writers will be paid $150 CAD per post (+ occasional bonuses for sponsored or affiliated posts). Rates can also be negotiated based on experience and performance.
Please note: some articles will be published under the writer’s byline while others (such as brand roundups) will be written under an “Editorial Team” byline and have multiple contributors.
The ideal candidate is:
- An experienced writer with an interest in slow fashion and sustainability
- Knowledgeable about the fashion industry and sustainable/ethical brands
- Familiar with SEO
- Practiced with research, fact checking, and compiling sources
- Open to both objective analysis and personal reviews/recommendations
- Preferably located in either Canada, USA, UK or the EU (although if you are in another country and a good fit for this position please still apply)
Voices that are typically underrepresented in sustainable fashion content will get special consideration.
If interested please send the following to email@example.com:
- 2-3 writing examples or a portfolio link
- Some background about your sustainable fashion journey and interests
- If you have any ideas or pitches you think would be a good fit for MGC, we’d love to hear them!