Last Updated on February 7, 2022
A video about our eco friendly wedding and some of the things we did to try and cut down on the environmental impact of our celebration. As well as what I would do differently now.
My Top Tips for a more Sustainable Wedding
(many of which will also save you money!)
- Keep it as small as you can
- Try to select a location that limits travel (or offer a shuttle service)
- Opt for ethical and sustainable rings
- Consider digital invites and RSVP options, or if you want paper look for recycled stationary
- Get married outdoors or choose a location that requires minimal decoration
- Use natural, upcycled, or secondhand decorations
- Rent equipment and decor
- Use local and organic flowers, live plants, or skip the flowers all together
- Choose a sustainable wedding dress – here are some options and our picks!
- Rent bridesmaids dresses, choose secondhand outfits, or shop from sustainable brands
- Serve local, seasonal, vegan/vegetarian, and/or organic food
- Ensure scraps and leftovers are composted or saved instead of throwing food away
- Choose reuseable dishes and cutlery
- Support local/organic wineries, breweries, and distilleries
- Use green makeup or sustainable salons
- Opt for consumable favors (or skip them)
- Make a registry with items you need, a travel/experience registry, or ask for charity donations or money
- After the wedding donate or sell what you can
Photos by Ryan & Beth Photography
Such great tips for my future weddings! Always believed, if you want a sustainable wedding ceremony, there are plenty of ways to achieve it.